Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Total Change Of Plans and My Most Unattractive Character Flaw



Hey Y'all! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a HUGE planner and list-maker. My personality demands that everything in my life be organized and planned out. Sometimes I dislike that trait, other times it really pays off. But when a wrench is thrown into my "plans", it just completely throws me off course and I lose my motivation. If I can't get things done when I want them done, sometimes I just say forget it. I know, it's a serious character flaw. I'm working on it, I swear. I've had big plans for the spare bedroom since I moved my craft operation to the garage and have been working on it a little at a time. Now that it's getting closer to completion, the Bub informs me yesterday that he would like to move his bedroom to the spare bedroom because it's bigger and he can turn it into more of a "man cave". The Hub thinks this is a good idea as well. So, since it's hard to say no to my baby, I said okay. It's not like he's asking for anything material - just a little more space to spread his manliness. So everything is on hold until Sunday when both of my guys will be home to get his loft bed taken down and moved into the spare bedroom. Of course, the carpet will need to be cleaned in his room before I move the guest bed in there. I'm sure there's plenty of teenage boy funk on the floor!

Another change of plans happened yesterday as well. My day off was interrupted by a long work meeting in the middle of the day that lasted three hours. It was tedious and boring and just drained me of my motivation to do what I had planned to do. So I didn't get anything done in my craft area. Not one single thing. I did some cleaning in the house, took a nap, and cooked supper. That was all I could muster. And decorating for Fall - that's a whole 'nother issue. I have had shoulder surgery and try not to lift anything super heavy unless I absolutely have to. I've asked the Hub several times now to bring in my decorations from the barn and I still don't have them, so it looks like I'll absolutely have to do it myself. Since I'm giving the Bub the bigger room, I bet he'll make time to help me before he gets deep into his homework.

Like I said before, I'll start to lose my motivation if things I need to do or finish pile up and I get overwhelmed. Sometimes I have so much stuff to do that I just take a nap instead like I did yesterday. I need my house back in order and decorated for the season so I can relax. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should start an online support group for the motivationally challenged and see how many people sign up. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right people?

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment