Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Finally...I figured it out!!!

Okay, okay, so maybe it's not such a great idea for someone as tech challenged as myself to start a blog, but I finally got it figured out! Baby steps, people, baby steps...

At long last, here are the pictures I've been trying to get posted. Be sure to read my previous post to get the story about the barn!
Here's the view of the barn as we pulled up - already looking bare.

The inside of the barn, showing the ladder up to the loft.


This shows how much the barn has sunken and the reason it's in such bad shape.


The old horse stall.


Vines still clinging to one side of the barn.


Some cool stuff the Bub found in the barn.


I love this old basket. I remember using it to gather corn from the corn crib.


The ladder from the barn is now my quilt rack. My granny made the quilt on top.


Here's a peek at the table I found up in the loft. It's saying "Marie, save me!"


The table being prepped for a coat of white paint.
































The table is in my kitchen now. I love to sit here and look at cookbooks, eat breakfast, or just watch the dogs and the birds out the window.

Hope everyone enjoyed this post and the pictures. Tell me about special family heirlooms or pieces that you have in your home in the comments. See you soon!

Toodles,
Marie

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I love your blog! I'm so happy to have found it. Secondly, how exciting to be able to hunt for treasures in a place that was so special to you and belonged to your family? It's every pickers dream! Love what you were able to salvage and how you are using them. Lucky lady!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kim! I'm so happy you found my blog too! It's only been up since August, but I've had a great response so far thanks to folks like you. I am a lucky lady for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful pieces! I love your table and the things you have sitting on it. :)

    ReplyDelete