Monday, August 26, 2013

A Sweet Birthday Suprise

Howdy folks. Hope everybody had a great weekend! I know I did. Just a friendly reminder, there's only one shopping day left until my birthday. Seriously, I'm just kidding! I'm never one to make a big deal out of my birthday. I've really only wanted a party once and that was for my 40th. I wanted a roller skating party because it's something I loved to do so much when I was a kid and I thought it would be a lot of fun. However, I had to have shoulder surgery about a week before my birthday, so that plan was out of the question per my doctor's orders. He's a real party pooper.

Anyhow, when I got to work this morning, I had a cute little balloon on my desk...it was just a hint of what was to come!

I was treated to a hot dog lunch with homemade slaw and chili. So yummy!
And my cake...what can I say about my Fleur-de-lis cake...except that I LOVE IT!! It was beautiful AND so delicious! For those who might not know, I am a HUGE New Orleans Saints fan and I collect fleur-de-lis because it's the Saints' team emblem and because they remind me of my honeymoon in Paris. They couldn't have chosen a more perfect cake for me.

The girls at work made me feel really special today and I owe them a million thanks! But you can rest assured, there will be NO roller skating this year either - I am waaaaay to old for that!!

Toodles,
Marie

P.S. Stay tuned - I got seriously lucky junkin' this weekend and got some great stuff and an amazing deal just because I was wearing a Saints t-shirt! I'll tell you all about it in a post tomorrow or Wednesday. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment