Friday, January 10, 2014

My Winter Mantel


Hey y'all! Well, I think I have my computer issues figured out. I'm no computer guru, so sometimes it takes me a little while to get stuff straightened out. Since it's so far past Christmas now, I'd thought I'd just skip ahead and show you my Winter mantel. I'm not sure I'm totally happy with it. I think it needs something else. Maybe some pretty white plates hung on each side of the window? I think I need white candles too instead of silver. And the cords that you can see...ugh! I can't get them to stay tucked away. They just have a mind of their own! I do love the little deer babies though. I got them last year at World Market and they're just precious. The snowflake window I used as part of my Christmas decor and liked it so much, I decided to leave it that way through the winter. It was in my entryway and the first thing you saw when entering our house.

Sorry, not the best quality picture - it was taken with my phone.

Aren't they adorable?  And I just love those frosted pine cones too!



































































Anyway, I still might "jzush" it up a little more over the weekend. It's going to be rainy here, so I'll be stuck inside again. I'm always open to suggestions, so leave them in the comments if you like - I read every one! By the way, "jzush" is a word a friend of mine and I use - it means to fluff it, bling it, enhance it in some way. Kind of like how "skootch" over means to move over a little bit, ya know? Us southerners tend to make up a lot of words, don't we? I reckon we do!

Have a great Friday y'all and stay warm!

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment