Monday, January 27, 2014

Beach House Paint Party

Holy frozen fingers and toes, y'all!  It was FREEZING at the beach.  No peaceful walks on the beach for me this time.  Besides, I was too busy having my big ol' paint party. Well, it was just a party for one since I was the only one there, but a party nonetheless. We've been slowly painting the bedrooms at the house over the past year or so and doing lots of updates.  We still have one bedroom to go, but we really need to get these bathrooms done.  I'll start by showing you how beautiful it was outside Friday morning when I got up.


Gorgeous, yes?  But the wind chill was four degrees.  Four degrees, people - at the beach!  I opened the door, stuck my camera out, took this picture, and slammed the door shut!  Didn't venture out all day because the high temperature was 28, which is very unusual for coastal North Carolina.  By Friday evening though, I just had to bundle up and go out on the boardwalk to take this picture.  Look how still the ocean is...


Friday involved a lot of prep work.  Taking the cabinet doors off, cleaning the baseboards, taping around everything, etc., and all I got done was two coats on the trim.  Of course, I was so anxious to get started that I forgot to take before pictures of the bathroom, but I took these after one coat of trim paint.  I don't know what was wrong with me, but I felt like I worked in circles all day and that I didn't get much accomplished. Plus, I was really tired and was in bed for the evening by 7:30.




Isn't that paneling lovely?  And yes, it's in every room of the house.  We replaced the counters and sinks a couple of years ago and my mother-in-law had a walk-in shower installed.  The blue bedroom in the background is the one the Hub and I sleep in.  We picked out a very serene bluish-green paint and I love it.

Saturday was a much better day for me as far as painting goes, but still very cold and very, very windy.  I painted for 10 hours straight and only took a break for lunch and a quick break when my friend Jennifer stopped by.  But the results were amazing! Just take a look at how much brighter and beautiful this space is!







It really makes the wood floor pop, doesn't it?  The giant mirror will be replaced with two smaller chunky white mirrors over each sink and that 70's glam light fixture is getting ditched too.  We are having some molding added to the cabinet doors and it's going to look really nice.  I still have a little trim work to do and some shelves to finish - my wrist just gave out on me by Sunday - but I'll get everything done when I go back in a couple of weeks.  I'm excited to get this bathroom finished and post the complete reveal. Then it will be time to start on the other one.  It's the "fun" bathroom since it's the one the kids use most of the time, so it should be fun to re-do!  Not to give anything away, but I think some tasteful purple might be involved...

So, whatcha think?  Do you like it so far?  Tell me in the comments - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment