Wednesday, July 16, 2014

THANK YOU and A Mason Jar Sneak Peek

Hello, my loves!  Happy Hump Day!  I'm going to be heading to the beach house for a week with the WHOLE family in a few days - that'll be 12 of us in one house plus another family that will be visiting off and on throughout the week - I'll need a vacation to recover from my vacation!  Just the cooking and cleaning for that many people is exhausting, not to mention all the sun and fun. So, I'm going to try to get a few more posts done this week before I leave and have some scheduled for next week to keep you company while I'm gone...

But first, I have to tell you about the HUGE surprise I got this morning.  I've been doing this blogging thing since last August, a little here and a little there, but have really been trying to step things up lately.  I really enjoy doing this and am excited to see where it will go.  In the past week, this little blog has gotten about 2,000 views and I have finally reached over 10,500 total.  I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty shocked!  But I'm also pretty humbled and grateful for the readers who have checked out Holly Crescent Cottage - I can't thank y'all enough for the inspiration to keep HCC going and growing.  Y'all are the best-est ever!  I didn't have a post planned for today, but because I really needed to say thank you, I thought I'd add a little sneak peek for you...

So, let's get to it!  I did this little project yesterday in my "spare time".  Spare time...I crack myself up...meaning, I had to wait for some paint projects to dry so I could finish them up and had an extra half-hour or so (chalk paint dries FAST, ya know).  I was antsy and looking for a quick little something to do, so I grabbed a couple of Ball Mason jars in Spring Green that I had on hand and put this together:


It was super easy and I'll be posting a quick tutorial on how to make your own tomorrow.  Isn't it adorable? I have an abundance of Strawflowers in my garden that need to be cut - I can't wait to put some in this little jar.  This will also be a great way to keep herbs in water and close at hand in the kitchen since we're about to be overrun with bushels of Basil too!  

Okay, now let's review.  The main point of today's post was to throw out an enormous THANK YOU. Consider yourselves thanked - immensely.  And where will you be tomorrow? Back here to check out the tutorial, right?  Tell me in the comments what you like best (or least) about my blog and offer any suggestions you may have to make it better - I promise, I read every single comment and take them to heart. Keep coming back and we'll take this fun journey together!

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment