Monday, October 7, 2013

$3 Chair Makeover


Check out this CUTIE!


Hey Y'all!  I hope everybody had a great weekend despite the super hot weather.  I had a great time at the Asheboro Fall Festival where we set up our craft booth on Saturday and Sunday.  We had a very successful show and sold so much of our stuff that we will be scrambling to get together enough items to sell next weekend!  But I guess that's a great problem to have, right?

I was so excited to take this little chair to the sale.  It is adorable and I only paid $3.00 for it at the Goodwill.  Yes, $3.00!  And it was in perfect condition too considering it's very old.  I snatched that baby up in about one second people!  All it needed was a little cleaning and some paint.  Of course, I forgot to take a before picture - I have GOT to remember to do that from now on!!  But it was just your basic brown stain color.  I used some regular flat paint that I got at Lowe's on this chair.  The color was called Milk Paint and it's a creamy white.  Then I taped off some grainsack stripes and painted them a light bluish-green.  After all was dry, I distressed the chair with a sanding block and coated the whole chair with Miss Mustard Seed's dark antiquing wax.  I'm really proud of how it turned out.

But even at my low, low price, it didn't sell.  I only had one person ask about it and they thought $25 was too much.  That's alright though - there's always next weekend at the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market Fall Craft Show.  It's a three day show and I know someone will come along who will appreciate the age of the piece and the hard it work it took to get it looking so darn cute!  What do y'all think of my chair re-do?  Worth $25 or no?  Let me know what you think in the comments and thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Toodles,


No comments:

Post a Comment