Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Where, oh where, has my little blog gone....

Hello my lovelies!  Been wondering where I've been?  Me too!  Well, if you check the picture below, it's pretty self-explanatory... 


I injured my wrist a while back.  My husband, who does Sports Medicine for a living, told me to "rub some dirt on it, it'll be fine" and "don't be such a baby".  Four months later, when I get to the point where I can't turn doorknobs or the steering wheel without excruciating pain, I finally get him to make me an appointment with one of the hand surgeons he works with.  Doc says why in the world did you wait four months to see a doctor about this?  Please refer back to my husband's previous comments...I was trying not to be a baby, dang it!  Anyway, turns out I tore a ligament in my wrist that was allowing the muscle to pop out and rotate across my wrist bone, or something like that.  In other words, it wasn't going to get better on it's own, so it had to be surgically repaired. Fun times.  Of course, it's my right hand, which means I've been pretty helpless lately.  And I've been DYING to do something creative.  So over the weekend, I managed to do a tiny project and even painted a lil' something!


I've been collecting these L's for a while now to fill up this space beside my giant blue window.  On Friday, while off work due to the massive ice storm we got, I discovered that I finally had enough L's!  All I had to do was decoupage some scrapbook paper onto one of them.  But then there was too big of an open space below the L's.  What to do, what to do?  I dumpster dived out in my garage (it really is like my own personal dumpster right now!) to find the wooden tray and thought maybe I'd paint our last name on it. Seriously, girl, who are you kidding?!  You can barely hold a paint brush!  True story, bro.  Maybe a monogram then? More diving...more letters!  I found the three letters that represent, the Hub, the Bub, and me.  I managed to paint the letters and the tray (rather messily) and sand them down a little.  I decoupaged paper onto the letters and glued them to the tray.


It's not perfect, but I think it turned out pretty cute.  Most importantly, it represents our little family in a unique way.  I put my own initial in the middle because it's my favorite place to be - right between my two guys!


I apologize for the shabby photography, but by the time I finished painting and sanding and hanging all of this, I could barely press the button on my camera, much less do a lot of re-shoots!  Needless to say, I was feeling it the next day and my wrist and hand were really sore.  I overdid it a little bit, but I got my DIY/creativity fix for a few days!  Hope you all have a great Hump Day!

Linking this post to:
http://www.commonground-do.com/ 
http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment